1. Where are you from? Where are you currently living?
I am from Moscow, Russia. I live in Stuttgart, Germany.
2. What is your professional background?
Marketing, Product, Finance / Banking / Accountancy
3. What are you most passionate about and why?
I am passionate about changing the way women consume fashion - it's my company's vision. We want to make second hand a common habit. Also I am very passionate about learning and education.
5. Why did you decide to start Mädchenflohmarkt?
I wanted to surround myself with inspired and inspiring people and the most interesting people I had met were founders. They were talking about ideas and how they'd change the world and not about their CVs. So I wanted to become one.
6. Very interesting! Tell us more about your project.
We are an online marketplace for premium second hand women's fashion. Our community is built for women with overstocked closets who want free space and some extra money and women, who are always in search for designer items at amazing prices and special vintage rarities.
7. What was the most difficult or challenging thing to start with?
The biggest challenge was the sudden success from day 1. We were not prepared for it and it took us 6 more months after launch to develop our prototype into a product. We lost many nights of sleep and some money.
8- Where do you currently need support in the project?
We are always looking for great talent and great closets! Please get in touch.
9. Do you have an advice for other women?
Ladies, please start connecting and exchanging. You need to get out there and start talking about your great ideas!
10. What would you tell your younger self?
How to get in contact:
Maria Spilka | Founder & CEO Mädchenflohmarkt GmbH