1. Where are you from? Where are you currently living?
I was born in a small town close to the Dutch border but I am living in Berlin
2. What is your professional background?
Media, MA in Cultural Anthropolgy and Communication Science (theatre, tv & films)
3. What are you most passionate about and why?
Stories! Stories open your mind, help you change your perspective and to see a topic from different angles. They can excite you, make you happy or sad and when you're lucky they might teach you everything you need to know about live.
4. Do you have a project / business / organisation that you want to share with us?
5. Why did you decide to start your own business?
I am a free spirit and love working creative. As a self-employed screenwriter my work got mainly produced for different tv-channels but currently I am writing on two projects for the cinema. For further information go to: http://www.iris-uhlenbruch.de
6. Great! Please tell us more about your projects.
I started working in the film business while I was still going to university in Vienna and then Berlin. For a better insight I tried all kind of different jobs and positions until I decided to become a screenwriter. I wrote the scripts for lots of prime time movies and some series - mainly romantic comedies, family entertainment and so on. Currently, I am writing my first script for a children's movie and a drama for the cinema.
7. What was the most difficult or challenging thing to start with?
An empty page 🙂 - and to find my place among this very competitive industry.
8. Where do you currently need support?
Since less and less fiction films for TV will be produced, I am looking for new challenges in the internet, story-telling for companies or any place where good stories are needed.
9. Do you have an advice for other women?
The best is yet to come!
10. What would you tell your younger self?
Learn to code!